Gateway Animal Clinic provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high-quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring, and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we also offer the following soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries:
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Repair
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (FHO)
- Fracture Repair
- Patellar Luxation
- And other orthopedic procedures
- Oral Surgery
Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Gateway Animal Clinic, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Surgical Consultation and Examination
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia. We strongly advise this for pets over 5 years old.
- Safe Anesthesia—We use Isoflourane and Sevoflorane, very safe anesthetic gases.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians continuously monitor your pet's pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- Elective IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are administered prior to, during, and after the surgerical procedure to ensure your pet's comfort.